Wordle and "beautiful word clouds"
It’s a website that turns words into “beautiful word clouds” (according to them). The word clouds show repeated words proportionally larger than other words.
Here are a few ideas that went off in my mind:
- Write an email and include the corresponding word cloud.
- Write a poem and turn it into a word cloud.
- Copy articles online to see what other words other writers repeat frequently.
The possibilities go on and on. Try it out: Wordle.
- Visit the site.
- Click “create.”
- Enter text in the box (or paste it in).
- Hit “go.” (There’s also a “randomize” button toward the bottom to get different designs.)
Actually, if you think of something brilliant to do with Wordle, let me know. I’ll update this post with your suggestion.
[Note: The picture above is an example of Wordle’s beautiful word clouds… created from the words in this post.]