Sleep schedule [EXPERIMENT] – Week 3
In the wake of my worst week in Korea, you can probably guess the direction of my sleep schedule results. What you might not guess, though, is the exact craziness of the pattern:
- Thursday: In bed at 3:00 AM.
- Friday: Out of bed at 12:35 PM, in bed at 4:10 AM.
- Saturday: Out of bed at 12:05 PM, in bed at 5:35 AM.
- Sunday: Out of bed at 7:15 AM, 4:20 AM.
- Monday: Out of bed at 11:25 AM, in bed at 9:00 AM.
- Tuesday: Out of bed at 3:36 PM, in at bed 1:30 AM.
- Wednesday: Out of bed at 9:50 AM, in bed at 1:15 AM.
Insane overall, but note in particular the sleep from Monday to Tuesday (full story here).
So while I, again, completely failed at getting to bed by 1:00 and out by 10:00, at least I kept track of what exactly happened. I’m going to try this again, but for now I’m taking a break. Three weeks is long enough to recognize a defeated pattern.
Over the next few months, two things need to happen to change my crazy sleep pattern.
- I need to quit procrastinating. My self-discipline is super low right now for some reason, which has shown even in my posting consistency here.
- I need to change some things in my daytime schedule to make it easier for me to get to sleep at a decent hour. I can’t make those changes right now, but I’m hoping to experiment with them in a few weeks.
- I need to relearn to get up to an alarm. I’ve been off one for so long that I’ve struggled to get up to one lately, unless I have a strict appointment. I need to relearn to get up in the morning to work on projects then instead of pushing it out until the evening.
Daniel, one of my friends who worked with me at JLS, quit last week. I used to hang out with him quite a bit in the evenings. So maybe, even though I’m totally going to miss him, it’ll help me get back to a more normal schedule.
For now, though, I’m taking a break from the sleep experiment.