Live like a backpacker, at home
Ever noticed how backpackers seem to see more excitement in your town than you do? To you, everything’s normal. To them, everything’s an adventure.
I like that approach, so I put together a list of ideas to take from their perspective. Apply them to travel, or life:
- Travel light with less.
- Always be ready to move.
- Stay flexible.
- Get stronger by being active.
- Ditch expensive stuff that could get stolen, lost, or broken.
- Buy stuff as you need it with cash.
- Give stuff away once you’re finished with it.
- Pretend you’re always on vacation.
- Look for inexpensive adventures.
- Try something new every week.
- Meet new people everywhere.
- Seek out local communities.
- Stay with friends.
- Eat anything.
- Say yes more often.
- Forget just in case.
- Enjoy wherever you are.
The biggest difference between you and the backpacker is your mindset. One man’s home is another man’s holiday.