How I tackle a new topic: My 8-step workflow
- Find blogs for comprehensive info on large topics.
- Follow links within posts or comments.
- Check YouTube for demos, Wikipedia for explaining terms, podcasts if I want some passive absorption.
- Take notes, usually either in Gmail, Google Docs (Drive), or here in WordPress.
- Email some questions, usually to a blogger but perhaps a professor (professors like helping “students”).
- Experiment, if I can somehow (even on paper), to cement what I’m learning in my head.
- Repeat, skipping steps when possible. 🙂
I don’t mess with forums – too sloppy except for technical problems – and books take too long. It’s a brave new world.